We want our house!



One of my new years resolutions was to continue saving for a mortgage and begin looking for a house. I wrote that post back in January and a week or two later we were viewing properties and shortly after starting making our offers. I didn't think it would all happen so quickly. After lots of negotiation the sellers finally accepted our offer which was 10k less than they originally wanted! The house needs a fair bit of work so with the money we have saved we will be pumping it back in the house with all the updating and work that we need to be done.  

More than 2 months later and we are still waiting to sign on that dotted line. Apparently there was a lot of problems and a dispute within the sellers family which has delayed everything, which is typical. We are just waiting for the paperwork now which could take days, weeks or even months. I am so hoping it is not the latter as we really need to get started on the renovations. 

I can't wait to get into our family home but it still seems so far away especially as I know we can't move in until the majority of the work has been done! I just have to imagine the outcome and hope it won't take that long to get there. 

Was it difficult for you to buy your own home? Did it seem to take forever?  

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! We'd love to buy our own house but we are still miles away from that dream. I guess the plus side of being delayed is more time to plan what you're going to do with each space in the house. You'll be able to fix it up with military precision by the time you get the paperwork sorted.
    Hope it doesn't take too long though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! We have to decide how to re arrange so much and still so undecided. We need to have what we want in our head before we move in I think! x

      Delete
  2. It really can be a nightmare can't it! We have been renting out our grandparents old house for a few years now and my mum agreed to let me and my boyfriend move in last September once the current tenants lease ran out. 6 months later and a LOT of stressing and the tenant is STILL in the house haven't paid rent for 8 months and won't leave. It's been one thing after another with solicitors, court orders, bailiffs and all sorts. It's just been one long, horrible waiting game. It's a good job my mum and dad had space to take us in over the last 6 months or we'd have been homeless! I hope yours gets sorted soon x

    justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. That sounds like such a nightmare! It's so hard work isn't it.

      No one is in the house and the family are inheriting it through a will. All the previous owners things are STILL in the house despite accepting our offer in Jan! Wish they would get a move on! x

      Delete
  3. I'm just in the doing up stage of my very first home - it's knackering and scary and amazing. I hope you won't have to wait too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh keeping everything crossed for you. Exciting times xx

    ReplyDelete