My New Years Resolutions


I'm not normally one to actually make New Years Resolutions nevermind stick to them but this year with how much my life has changed recently I wanted to change my ways and create a few New Years Resolutions and stick by as many as I can.


Family time.

Now Nick, Noah and I are a family I want to make sure we spend a lot of quality time together especially now while Noah is young. As he get's a little older and more aware I want to take him to the zoo and the sealife centre. I'm so excited to be able to do things as a proper little family.


Mummy and Daddy time

If you are a parent you will know that as soon as your little bundle of joy arrives there is a lot less time spent with your significant other. Although I see Nick every single day sometimes I miss him because we don't have that quality time together anymore as our focus is on our son. At least once a week I want to snuggle up on the sofa and watch a film together and at least once a month I want to have a date night with Nick where we go out and enjoy one another's company.  


Diet - Join Slimming world

I was heavier than I would of liked to of been before I was even pregnant so of course going through pregnancy too I have a lot of weight to lose. The last time I was weighed was at my 12 week scan and I didn't even ask what I weighed as I didn't want to frighten myself. We don't actually have any scales in our house but I know I need to bite the bullet and see how much I weigh. I feel like I could lose about 2 stone. So I have a long long way to go. 

I am not the best when it comes to dieting or eating healthy. I did join Weight Watchers a few years back and lost a stone as it was easy to follow but it didn't really work for me in the long run. I have decided to give Slimming World a go as I have heard nothing but positive feedback from the programme. So wish me luck! I am going to need it. 


Excersize - Be more active.

I just want to be more active on a whole. I don't mean go full throttle working out every day cause lets face it I have a baby and don't get much sleep so at the moment that won't be feasible. Perhaps in a few months down the line I may join a gym but at the moment I just want to get out the house and go for long walks with Noah in the pram. This will be more appealing when the weather picks up a bit. 


Holiday - First family holiday.

Nick and I love going abroad and our home away from home is Alcudia in Majorca. We didn't go away in 2013 as I was pregnant. It was the first time in years we didn't go on holiday, we really missed it. This year we want to take Noah on his first holiday, which is so exciting. Probably back to Majorca knowing us! 


Mortgage - Buy our own home.

In 2013 we were accepted for a mortgage but we just need to now decide where we want to live and find the home that is right for us. We are getting there with our deposit but by the end of 2014 I hope we are in our very own home or atleast on our way to that goal. We are currently looking through various estate agents UK to find the perfect family home because now we have a baby it's time to start building a foundation for us as a family. 


Savings - Pennies make pounds.

Nick and I are dreadful when it comes to spending. We waste so much money and really need to learn how to budget better. Our savings would look a lot more attractive right now if we weren't throwing money down the drain left, right and center. We spend way too much money on meals out and takeaways. I aim to put a little bit more money away into our savings each month.  


Wedding - Make plans.

We have been engaged for a few years now and haven't talked in depth about our wedding as of yet. We've always been preoccupied with moving house, new jobs, redundancy, pregnancy and now a baby. This year I want to atleast start discussing our wedding plans and begin saving up. 2015 wedding? Who knows!


Here are my New Years Resolutions for the year. Lets see what I stick to! Here's to 2014!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I agree about date nights, they're so important! Good luck finding a house :)

    Alex xx
    bump-to-baby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alex. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Years x

      Delete